- 2–3 pound corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 6 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 pound potatoes, halved, chopped or diced
- 1 pound carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small head green cabbage, chopped
- 32 ounces low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tbsp oil (for pressure cooker)
- Add all ingredients except the cabbage to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
- Remove corned beef, shred, and put back in the slow cooker along with the cabbage.
- Cook an additional 30 minutes on HIGH or until cabbage is tender.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Turn on the pressure cooker and select sauté. Once hot add oil, onions, carrots, and cook 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Add beef broth and if necessary, deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon.
- Add potatoes and spice packet, Stir to mix well. Add corned beef.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 25 minutes per pound of corned beef. Quick release pressure.
- Remove corned beef, shred, and put back in the pressure cooker. Stir in cabbage.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 5 minutes. Quick release pressure.