Slow Cooker/Instant Pot Hamburger Stew (Paleo,Whole30)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb sweet potatoes or red potatoes (I used white sweet potatoes), chopped
- 43 ounces (28 ounces plus 15 ounces) diced tomatoes in juices
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp oil (for IP)
Optional step: Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain grease.
- Add ground meat to the slow cooker along with all other ingredients. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hour or LOW 6-8 or until potatoes are soft.
- Turn on the IP and select Sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot.
- Add ground meat, bell pepper, onion, celery,and garlic and cook until meat is browned, 3-5 minutes. Crumble the meat as it cooks. Drain fat and remove from Instant Pot if needed.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 20 minutes. Quick release pressure.