- 3–4 pound brisket, fat trimmed
- 4 ounces prepared horseradish
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
Optional step – Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season brisket generously salt & pepper to taste. Add brisket to heated pan & cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan and add to the slow cooker.
- If you skip the browning step, season brisket generously with salt & pepper to taste and add brisket to the slow cooker, fat side up.
- In a small bowl, mix together horseradish, beef broth, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture on top of brisket.
- Cook HIGH 4-5 hours or LOW 8-10.
- Remove brisket from the slow cooker to let rest. Either cut against the grain or shred the meat.
- Pour sauce from the slow cooker over the brisket before serving.
- Season brisket generously with salt & pepper to taste.
- Turn the pressure cooker on to saute. Once hot, add oil and the brisket and sear a few minutes on both sides until browned. Remove brisket and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together horseradish, beef broth, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into the pressure cooker and deglaze by scraping off any browned bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon. Add brisket back into the Instant Pot, fat side up.
- Select manual setting. Adjust to high pressure & and set time for 25 minutes per pound of meat. When cook time is done, let the pressure release naturally for about 10 minutes, then quick release for remaining pressure.
- Remove brisket from the Instant Pot to let rest. Either cut against the grain or shred the meat.
- Pour sauce from the pressure cooker over the brisket before serving.
Use code QUEEN10 for 10% off at Belcampo Meats