- 1–2 pounds pork chops
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp dry onion mix (see blog post for homemade)
- 2 tsp ghee (or more)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium broth (or homemade bone broth)
- 2 tsp oil (for IP)
- Add onion to the bottom of the slow cooker. Place pork chop on top.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp dry onion mix on top of pork chops. Top with garlic and ghee. Pour broth on top.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
- Set Instant Pot to the high saute setting. Heat oil. When hot, add pork chops and sear both sides approximately 2-3 minutes per side. You may have to do this two at a time. Remove pork chops from IP and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Pour in broth and using a wooden spoon scrape well the bottom of the Instant Pot to remove any bits that stuck to it, make sure you scrape it well to avoid burning during cooking.
- Stir in dry onion mix. Nestle in pork chops, making sure each piece gets wet. Top with ghee.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 5 minutes, natural release pressure.