- 2 1/2 – 3 pounds beef roast
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 8 ounces pepperoncini peppers
- 8 ounces giardiniera, drained
- 2 tablespoons Italian Salad Dressing Mix (see blog post for homemade)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (omit for whole30, paleo or make your own)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp oil (for pressure cooker)
- Add broth, garlic and Worchestershire sauce to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well. Add roast.
- Top roast with dry Italian salad dressing mix, pepperoncini and giardiniera.
- Cook HIGH 4-5 hours or LOW 8-10.
- Remove beef from slow cooker, shred and add the meat back in the slow cooker.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Turn the pressure cooker to saute. Once hot, add the oil and beef. Brown beef on all sides, approximately 3-5 minutes per side. Remove roast from the pressure cooker.
- Add beef broth and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon. Stir in the dry Italian salad dressing mix, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add roast back to the pot. Top with pepperoncini peppers & giardiniera.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook 25 minutes per pounds of meat. When done, natural release pressure 10 minutes then quick release remaining pressure.
- Shred beef and keep in the pressure cooker until ready to serve.