- 1 bunch of asparagus, rinsed & trimmed
- 2–4 lemon slices
- 1 cup water (for pressure cooker)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients.
- Add asparagus to the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour sauce on top.
- Cook HIGH 1-2 hours, LOW 2-4. Top with lemon slices prior to serving.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Add 1 cup of water to the base of the pressure cooker. Add the trivet or steamer basket inside.
- Arrange asparagus onto the steamer basket.
Cook on steam for 1 minute OR high pressure 0 minutes. When done, quick release the pressure.
Using tongs, remove the asparagus from the Instant Pot.
In a small bowl, bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Pour sauce on asparagus and toss to coat evenly.