- 1/2 to 1 pound leftover cooked turkey
- 1/2 pound potatoes or sweet potatoes, peeled &
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 15 ounces corn, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1–2 tsp ghee (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon oil (for pressure cooker)
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
- If using thickening agent – turn off slow cooker, mix together slurry and stir it in. Close lid & let sit on OFF for 5-10 minutes or until chowder has thickened to your liking.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Set Instant Pot to the high Saute setting. Once hot, add oil and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender about 4-6 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Turn off the pressure cooker.
- Add broth and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients, close and seal vent.
- Select manual setting and set time for 12 minutes. When done, natural release pressure 5 minutes then quick-release remaining pressure.
- If using thickening agent – turn off IP, mix together slurry and stir it into the IP. Close lid & let sit on OFF for 5-10 minutes or until chowder has thickened to your liking.