Slow Cooker/Instant Pot Turkey Corn Chowder
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1/2 – 1 lb turkey, cooked
- 1/2 lb potatoes or sweet potatoes, peeled &
- 2-3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 15 ounces corn, drained & rinsed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1-2 tsp ghee (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt (or more)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp oil (for IP)
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
- If using thickening agent – turn off slow cooker, mix together slurry and stir it in. Close lid & let sit on OFF for 5-10 minutes or until chowder has thickened to your liking.
- Set Instant Pot to the high saute setting. Heat oil.
- Add garlic and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, close and seal vent.
- Select manual setting and set time for 12 minutes. Quick-release pressure when cook time is completed.
- If using thickening agent – turn off IP, mix together slurry and stir it into the IP. Close lid & let sit on OFF for 5-10 minutes or until chowder has thickened to your liking.