- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 pound potatoes, chopped
- 7 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 medium size carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp oil (for pressure cooker)
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
Electric Pressure Cooker
- Set pressure cooker to the high saute setting. Once hot, add oil.
- Add beef and cook a few minutes until browned. Remove beef from the pressure cooker and set aside.
- Add onions, carrots, & celery and cook 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Pour in broth and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Add lid, close and seal vent. Select manual setting and set time for 25 minutes. When cook time is completed, natural release pressure 15 minutes then quick release any remaining pressure.
If you want a more cranberry (tart) flavor, when the soup is done cooking, take the back of a large spoon and mash some of the cranberries to release their juice.