Strawberries, basil, chia seeds, lemon juice and dates are all you needed for this healthy, slow cooker jam recipe that uses no added sugar.
That’s right, no added sugar! Like my Slow Cooker Apple-Blueberry Sauce, this recipe utilizes dates as a natural sweetener rather than honey or sugar. And also like that recipe, this is paleo and whole 30 compliant. Chia seeds not only serve as a thickener but they’re full of nutrients. They’re not known as one of the healthiest foods on the planet for nothing.
I served my jam on top of ube donuts! I don’t have a homemade ube pancake recipe to share. I bought Buttermilk Yam Purple Ube Pancake Mix on Amazon. I found them a while back on Instagram, ordered some and immediately ordered another box. They’re that good. The ube pancake mix is super easy to make. You can use it to make pancakes, waffles or as you can see here, donuts.
- ¾ lb. fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 3-4 small dates, pitted and chopped
- Handful fresh basil, chopped
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 1-2 hours or LOW 2-3. You'll know it's done when the strawberries and dates are soft.
- Using an immersion blender, potato masher or even a spoon, mash the jam until it's your desired consistency.
- Add jam to a container with a lid (mason jar preferred). Cool and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive money if you make a purchase using one of the links. For more about my disclosure policy see here: http://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/