This fruit jam slow cooker recipe contains no added sugar! There are only 3 ingredients plus it’s healthy being paleo and whole30 compliant.
It’s still summertime! Grab your favorite fruit and make homemade jam. The best part about this jam is that is only uses 3 ingredients: fruit of your choice, chia seeds, and dates for a natural sweetener. Yup, there’s no added sugar AND it’s both whole30 and paleo! You can of course substitute honey or maple syrup in place of the dates.
I’ve been jamming away all summer – apricot, strawberry, peach, blueberry. Pretty much whatever fruit I find on sale turns into this week’s homemade jam. Some fruits obviously work better than others. Berries are great for example (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries) but melons (watermelon, cantaloupe) not so much. You can find which fruits are good for jams here.
- 1 lb fruit, chopped
- 2-3 tsp chia seeds
- 3-4 dates, chopped or 2 tsp honey
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 1-2 hours or LOW 2-3. You'll know it's done when the fruit and dates are soft.
- Using an immersion blender, potato masher or even a spoon, mash the jam until it's your desired consistency.
- Add jam to a container with a lid (mason jar preferred). Cool and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
I know you’ll be tempted to add liquid. Don’t. Once the fruit starts to cook down, you’ll see it’s not needed.
Your jam will thicken overnight so keep that in mind as well.
Jam can be store in an air-tight container it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Get creative and combine fruits! Strawberry-Blueberry is one of my favorites.