Remember how in one of my previous posts I asked you to share your fresh, healthy pork pics for a chance to win some cool stuff from FARMER JOHN®? Well I couldn’t just sit back and not join in the fun. Don’t worry, I’m not eligible for the prize. I’m just having fun here.
The details about the giveaway are posted again at the bottom of this post in case you missed it before. To get started, I picked up my FARMER JOHN® Boneless Pork Chops. They’re beautiful aren’t they? Nice & thick. This recipe is very easy to make: 4 pork chops, 4 pineapple slices & the homemade sauce. I used a fresh pineapple but if you use pineapple out of the can…that’s okay too. You can easily double or triple this recipe for a larger crowd.
The size of the casserole dish you use will depend on the size and quantity of your chops. My 4 pork chops were approximately 4 ounces each so I used a 9×13. It’s okay if your chops need to overlap a bit to fit.
The teriyaki sauce is homemade. I try to make all my own sauces & marinades versus store-bought. Most times it is actually cheaper AND the most important part is you control what goes in it. Meaning no added preservatives! Yuck. This sauce only contains a few simple ingredients that I bet you already have in your pantry.
Now just let it bake. I haven’t tried to convert this recipe for the slow cooker yet. I have however grilled it. If you want to go that route, below are the grilling instructions. I’ll share this with you as a bonus. Same ingredients, slightly different instructions: In a small bowl whisk together sauce ingredients. Place pork chops in a large resealable bag and cover with the sauce. Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight, turning the bag halfway through. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly coat grill with nonstick cooking spray. Grill pork chops until the internal temperature of the chops has reached 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Add pineapple slices to grill and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Top pork chops with pineapple slice prior to serving.
ENTER TO WIN:
– Tag two LA friends in the comments on the IG pic + follow @farmerjohnLA
– Post a fresh pork pic and tag #KeepitFresh2016 #FarmerJohnLA + follow @farmerjohnla OR enter your pic online at http://www.farmerjohn.com/
WHAT COULD YOU WIN??
- $100 in FARMER JOHN® Pork products. Just think, $100 to spend on tenderloin, chops, etc.
- One-Month Membership to LA’s favorite fitness studios!
- Keep It Fresh 2016 shopping bag. Designed to keep your veggies and pork fresh.
You have now through January 31st to submit your entries. A winner will be announced on February 1st.
- 4 FARMER JOHN® Boneless Pork Chops (approx 4 ounces each)
- 4 pineapple slices
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp organic honey
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Lay the pork chops in the bottom of the baking dish. Lay a pineapple slice on top of each chop.
- In a small bowl whisk together sauce ingredients and pour on top of pork.
- Bake 35 minutes in preheated oven, or until the internal temperature of the chops has reached 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
If you put this in the oven, the sauce will thicken as it bakes. Don’t discard the sauce! It’s perfect served drizzled on top.
This is a sponsored post written by me in partnership with FARMER JOHN®. All opinions are 100% mine. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/.