- 2 lbs ground grass-fed beef
- 2 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup homemade bone broth (or low-sodium beef broth)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 bay leaves
- 2 tsp coconut aminos (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Brown beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain grease, reserving 1-2 teaspoons.
- Add ground meat to the slow cooker.
- Heat the remaining 1-2 tsp of grease, add diced onion and sautee until onions are soft. Approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or low 6-8.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.