- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 ounces bacon
- 28-ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup onion, diced finely
- 2 celery stalks, diced finely
- 2 carrots, peeled & diced finely
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook & crumble bacon.
- In a large skillet, add ground beef and cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain grease. Add the ground beef to the slow cooker along with the bacon.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or low 6-8.
- Remove bay leaf & stir before serving.
Electric Pressure Cooker
- Turn on the pressure cooker and select sauté. When hot, bacon and cook a few minutes until browned. Add ground beef, carrots, celery, and onions. Cook 5-7 minutes until beef is browned and vegetables are soft. Crumble the ground meat as it cooks.
- Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Drain excess grease from the pressure cooker if needed.
- Add oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Pour crushed tomatoes on top. Top with bay leaf. Do not stir.
- Close lid and seal valve. Cook high pressure for 20 minutes. Natural release pressure for 5 minutes then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove bay leaf & stir in coconut milk.
The bolognese sauce will thicken as it cools.
Store the leftover bolognese sauce in the frig for up to 3 days or the freezer for 4-6 months.