Tomatoes & feta cook together in this quick skillet recipe. Done in under 30 minutes, you can serve this low-carb side dish as an accompaniment to any meal.
If you love tomatoes, cheese, and super easy recipes then this one is for you. I don’t know about you but I have been finding some really ripe cherry tomatoes as of late. I picked up a few pounds at my local farmer’s market so this is one of the recipes that came as a result.
Another 30 minutes or less skillet recipe! I don’t always slow cook:-) This is a great summer side dish. Picnic, family dinner, you can serve this tomatoes & feta dish with almost any meal.
While this recipe is not paleo or whole30 (omit the feta and it is), it is still low-carb. Swap out the extra-virgin olive oil for ghee to make this recipe more keto compliant.
If you don’t like feta, use a different cheese. A good substitute would be mozzarella or burrata cheese in my opinion. I used fresh parsley but I think fresh basil would work well with this recipe too.Print
Skillet Tomatoes & Feta (Low-Carb)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 16 ounces cherry tomatoes tomatoes
- 2 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch salt & Pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper. Cover & cook until tomatoes are soft, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add feta cheese and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley.
My favorite way to serve this is with some grilled salmon or chicken breast and a side salad.