- 2 pounds beef sirloin, sliced into strips
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Optional slurry thickener: 2 tbsp arrowroot powder mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- Add beef and onion to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix together sauce ingredients. Pour sauce into the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
- Stir in fresh broccoli. Cook an additional 30 minutes or until soft.
Optional Step: Pour slurry thickener into the slow cooker. Stir gently. Cook 10-15 minutes or until thickened.
- Turn on the IP and select sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot. Add the beef and sear until browned, 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove beef from and set aside.
- Add onion and cook for a 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Pour in broth and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon. Add coconut aminos, salt, pepper, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Stir to mix well. Add beef back to the pressure cooker. Stir gently.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 10 minutes. When done, quick release pressure.
- Stir in broccoli & thickening agent (if using). Turn pressure cooker to saute and cook a few minutes until sauce has thickened and broccoli is tender.