This healthy beef & broccoli recipe is not only whole30 and paleo but super easy to make. Rather than take-out, let your slow cooker do the work.
I’ve had this beef & broccoli recipe on my mind for a couple of weeks now. From my guinea pig’s reaction (the husband) I think this one will be on repeat in my house!
Whole30 and paleo! Most beef & broccoli recipes use sugar, brown sugar or some sort of sweetener. Why? Why?? This one does not. I almost added honey but after tasting the sauce I decided it didn’t need it. As always I encourage you to taste your sauce before adding it in to the slow cooker and tweak as needed.
The broccoli is added during the last 30 minutes of cook time. Yes you can use frozen broccoli if you don’t have fresh, the instructions stay the same. I used an arrowroot (paleo/whole30) slurry to thicken up the sauce after it was done cooking. This is an optional but suggested step.
You can serve this a number of ways. Over riced or mashed cauliflower, with potatoes or brown rice if you’re not following a paleo/whole30 diet.Print
Slow Cooker Beef & Broccoli (Whole30, Paleo)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 lb beef sirloin, sliced into strips
- 3-4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Optional slurry thickener: 1/4 cup cold water, 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- Add beef and onion to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix together sauce ingredients.
- Pour sauce into the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
- Stir in fresh broccoli. Cook an additional 30 minutes or until soft.