Regardless of the quantity, use a 2:1 ratio of squash to potatoes
- 2 lb butternut squash, peeled & diced
- 1 lb sweet potatoes or potatoes, peeled & diced (Jorik’s original recipe uses Idaho potatoes)
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 15 ounces coconut milk
- 6–8 pieces bacon, cooked & crumbled (split into 2 halves)
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp curry
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (Jorik’s original recipe)
- Add butternut squash, potatoes, half of the bacon crumbles, fresh cilantro, curry, salt, pepper, cumin and nutmeg to the slow cooker.
- If you are following Jorik’s original recipe then add in the 2 chicken bouillon cubes as well.
- Add enough water to cover the ingredients.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours/LOW 4-6 or until butternut squash and potatoes are tender.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend down soup to desired consistency.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Top each bowl with remaining crumbled bacon.