- 2 pounds beef, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces corn, drained & rinsed
- 15 ounces black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more if you want)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil (for pressure cooker)
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Turn on the pressure cooker and select sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot. Add the beef and sear until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove the beef from the pressure cooker and set aside.
- Add bell pepper and onion and cook 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add broth and diced tomates. If needed, de-glaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon.
- Add the beef back into the pressure cooker along with all remaining ingredients.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set SOUP or high pressure for 20 minutes. Natural release pressure for 5 minutes then quick release remaining.