- 1 lb beef
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth (for pressure cooker)
- 1 tbsp oil (for pressure cooker)
- Handful fresh cilantro for garnish
- 3 limes, juiced (approx 6 tablespoons)
- 1 orange, juiced (approx 1/3 cup)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Add beef, onion & bell to the slow cooker.
- In a small bow, mix together sauce ingredients. Pour pour on top of food in slow cooker making sure all ingredients are covered. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 or LOW 6-8 hours.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Turn on the IP and select Sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot.
- Add the beef and sear a few minutes each side until browned. Remove from the pressure cooker.
- Add onions, bell pepper and cook 3-5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Pour in beef broth, lemon juice, and lime juice. Deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon. Add oil, chili powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Add beef back to the pot. Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 20 minutes per pound of beef. Natural release pressure.
- Remove meat from pressure cooker. Shred, and place back in until ready to serve.
Electric pressure cooker: cook 20 minutes per pound of beef