- 3 pounds chicken, any cut (see blog post)
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1 tbsp oil (for pressure cooker)
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 tsp pepper
- If using potatoes, add those to the bottom of the slow cooker. Add chicken. Spread diced apples & onion on top of the chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients until well blended. Pour sauce on top of chicken.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute. Once hot, add the oil. If you’re using skin-on chicken: add the chicken and sear, few minutes on each side until browned. Remove chicken from the pressure cooker. If you’re using skinless chicken, skip this step.
- Add onions (and more oil if needed) and cook 3-5 minutes until soft.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Pour the sauce into the pressure cooker and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon.
- Add chicken back into the Instant Pot. Add apples (and potatoes if using) on top.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook 10 minutes.
- Quick release pressure.