- 2–3 lbs chicken
- 2 lbs red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 lb apples, diced
- 1 tbsp oil (for pressure cooker)
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup honey
2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
- Add potatoes and onions to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Add chicken on top of potatoes and onions. Top chicken with diced apples.
- In a small bowl, mix together SAUCE ingredients until well blended. Pour sauce on top of chicken.
- Cook HIGH 2-4 hours or LOW 4-6.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute. Once hot, add the oil and chicken and sear, few minutes on each side until browned. Remove chicken from the pressure cooker.
- Add onions (and more oil if needed) and cook 3-5 minutes until soft.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Pour the sauce into the pressure cooker and deglaze the bottom by of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off off with a wooden spoon.
- Add chicken back into the Instant Pot. Add potatoes on top.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook 10 minutes.
- Quick release pressure.