- 1 lb skinless chicken breasts or thighs (boneless or bone-in)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 large roma tomato, diced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted & sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro for garnish
- Lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil (for pressure cooker)
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT avocados and garnish to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook high 3-4, low 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker. Shred & return chicken to the slow cooker.
- Turn on the Instant Pot and select Sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot.
- Add celery, green onion and cook 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add garlic and cook an additional minute or so.
- Pour broth and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the avocados and garnish.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 10 minutes. Natural release pressure for 10 minutes then manually release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the chicken and shred the meat. Stir the chicken back into the pressure cooker.
To serve: Add ladles the soup into a bowl. Add a few slices of avocado. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.