- 3 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 15 ounces crushed or diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 4 ounces olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Turn on the Instant Pot and select Sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms and cook for a 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Turn off pressure cooker.
- Add tomato sauce & diced tomatoes and water and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon. Stir in olives, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken. Stir to mix well.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set HIGH pressure for 11 minutes. When done, natural release pressure for 5 minutes then manually the remaining pressure.