- 2–3 pounds chicken
- 5.75 oz jar pitted green olives, with juice
- 3.5 oz jar capers, with juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth for electric pressure cooker
- Add chicken to the slow cooker. Top with oregano, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, olives (and juice) and capers (and juice).
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or or LOW 6-8 ( lower time by at least an hour if using white meat)
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Set Instant Pot to the high saute setting. Once hot, add oil and chicken and brown chicken, skin-side down approx 3-5 minutes. Remove chicken & turn off the heat. If you’re using skinless chicken, skip this step.
- Add broth & deglaze the bottom by of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off off with a wooden spoon. Stir in red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add chicken. Top with olives and capers.
- Close lid and seal vent. Select high pressure for 12 minutes. Quick release pressure when done.