If you’re ever unsure about what to cook, pull out your slow cooker! All you need is chicken, vegetables, sweet potatoes, and a homemade sauce.
This is one-pot, family friendly meal that you can tweak to your liking. Use any cut of chicken. This time I used legs but breasts, thighs, skin-on, boneless, bone-in, etc. all work well too. I love white sweet potatoes but you can use yams if you like. You can also substitute potatoes like red potatoes or Idaho potatoes but if you do so, the meal will no longer be paleo. For the vegetables I used what I had in my frig. I suggest you use what you like or what you have. You really can’t go wrong here.
I can’t stress enough to use a homemade sauce. Most store-bought sauce is flat-out unhealthy. Check the back of the ingredients. Do you know what they all are? Check the ingredients in this sauce. I bet you have all of them in your pantry already.Print
- 2 lbs chicken (any cut)
- 1 lbs white sweet potatoes (or potatoes)
- 1 lb vegetables (I used onion, bell pepper & green beans this time)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp mustard seed, crushed (optional)
- S&P to taste
- Add chicken, potatoes, and vegetables to the slow cooker.
- Mix sauce together in a small bowl. Pour on top of all ingredients.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 or Low 4-6.
This turned out to be a nice one-pot meal for us. The sauce was distributed evenly across all the food even though I did not stir or mix it up (you can if you want to). The chicken was extremely tender and the sweet potatoes and vegetables cooked perfectly.