- 1 pound ground sausage
- 16 ounces ready-made or frozen gnocchi
- 1 cup fresh kale, chopped
- 28 ounces diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup onion, diced OR 1 tbsp dried onion flakes.
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced (depends on how much you like garlic)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning (see blog post for homemade blend)
- 1 tsp salt (more or less depending on your taste/diet)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage & cook until browned. Drain the excess grease before adding the sausage to the slow cooker.
- Add sausage and all the ingredients EXCEPT the gnocchi & kale to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-4, LOW 4-6.
- Stir in gnocchi & kale and cook and additional 15-30 minutes or until gnocchi is done & kale is tender.
- Set Instant Pot to the high saute setting. Once hot, add ground sausage, onion, & bell pepper and cook 3-5 minutes, crumbling the sausage as it cooks. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Drain excess fat from the pressure cooker if needed.
- Pour in tomatoes & broth and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in gnocchi, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper.
- Close and seal vent. Select manual setting and set time for 4 minutes. When done, natural release pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release remaining pressure.
- Stir in kale and let cook on the warm setting for 5-7 minutes OR an also turn off the pressure cooker and close the lid to cook the kale.