- 2 pounds ground poultry
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces cooked garbanzo beans (drained & rinsed) or 1 pound potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons garam masala or curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more)
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil (for pressure cooker)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground chicken until no longer pink.
- Add ground chicken along with all other ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Turn on the pressure cooker and select sauté. Once hot add oil and ground poultry, bell pepper, & onion to the pot. Cook 5-7 minutes or until the poultry is no longer pink and vegetables are soft. Crumble the ground poultry as it cooks. Add garlic & cook an additional minute. Drain grease if you need to.
- Add the garbanzo beans (or potatoes), garam masala (or curry powder), chili powder, cumin, salt, coriander, and pepper to the pressure cooker. Stir to mix well. Pour crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce on top. DO NOT STIR.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 20 minutes. Quick release pressure.
nutritional facts use garbanzo beans