- 1 pound cooked turkey, diced or shredded
- 2 pounds spaghetti squash, cooked
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp xantham gum (optional)
- Using a fork, scrape the sides of the cooked squash into spaghetti-like strands. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Add spaghetti squash strands, cooked turkey, onion, mushrooms, garlic, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in broth, heavy cream, and xantham gum (if using). Turn off heat and stir in cheese. Whisk until cheese is melted.
- Pour sauce over the food in the slow cooker. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
Sauce will thicken as it cools