- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 32 ounces low-sodium beef broth
- 1 lbs potatoes or sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Bay leaf
Optional – 2 tbsp arrowroot starch flour + 1/4 cup water
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
- Remove Bay leaf before serving.
Optional – Mix together arrowroot starch with water and pour into slow cooker. Stir and heat an additional 10 minutes or until thickened to your liking.
- Turn on the IP and select Sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot. Add the beef and sear until browned, 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove beef from and set aside.
- Add onion, carrots, and garlic and cook for a 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the broth, and using a wooden spoon scrape well the bottom of the IP to remove any bits that stuck to it, make sure you scrape it well to avoid burning during cooking. Add the beef back to the pot along with all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the arrowroot slurry.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 9 minutes. Natural release pressure for 5 minutes then manually the remaining pressure.
Optional slurry to thicken- In a small bowl, mix together arrowroot slurry. Pour slurry into the IP and stir to mix well. Turn IP to WARM setting until soup has thickened to your liking.