- 2 pounds chuck roast, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pound potatoes, chopped or sliced
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium-size carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
Optional – 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch flour + 2 tablespoons cup water
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
- Remove Bay leaf before serving.
Optional – Mix together arrowroot starch with water and pour into slow cooker. Stir and heat an additional 10 minutes or until thickened to your liking.
- Turn on the IP and select sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot. Add the beef and sear until browned, 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove beef from and set aside.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery & cook for a 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Pour in water & broth and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon. Add the beef back to the pot along with the thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 30 minutes. Natural release pressure for 5 minutes then manually the remaining pressure.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Optional slurry to thicken- In a small bowl, mix together arrowroot slurry. Pour slurry into the IP and stir to mix well. Turn IP to WARM setting until soup has thickened to your liking.