Pumpkin pie hasselback sweet potatoes – ultimate vegan/vegetarian slow cooker comfort food! And it’s healthy being both paleo and whole30.
The second to last day of October. I’m closing out the month with two back-to-back pumpkin themed recipes. Starting with these pumpkin pie hasselback sweet potatoes. Perfect for meatless Monday!
This is my second vegan recipe this month. I’m really going to try to mix things up and give a better variety of recipes here.
The sauce is super simple, using just a few ingredients. If you’re not feeling up to hasselbacking the sweet potatoes, simply dice them up and pour the sauce on top.Print
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Hasselback Sweet Potatoes (Paleo,Whole30)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 4
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, hasselback sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tsp Primal Palate pumpkin pie spice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Add onion and bell pepper to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Carefully hasselback each sweet potato: slice each sweet potato into thin slices, leaving 1/4 inch at the bottom un-sliced. Add hasselback sweet potatoes on top of the onion/pepper mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients. Pour sauce on top of the sweet potatoes, making sure to get in between all the slices.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hour or LOW 4-6.
You’ll know this is done when the sweet potatoes are soft.
I love a good vegetarian meal every now and then but I understand that might not be the case for everyone. Like my husband. I served his sweet potatoes with cooked ground meat.
This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on one of the product links, I might receive compensation. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/.