Okay I’ll admit it – this is a revision of a previous recipe, my Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole. I pretty much used the same recipe (with a few modifications) and cooked it in the slow cooker. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – most recipes can easily be converted for the slow cooker. Please note this recipe calls for a spaghetti squash that has been previously cooked.
There can be as little or as many ingredients in this as you would like. I kept this version pretty simple and didn’t add any extra vegetables into the mix. Just spaghetti squash, marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, cheese and pepperoni. And…a little bit of fresh basil and garlic. Yes I know that technically makes it 7 ingredients but the last 2 are optional. Seriously, the sky is the limit with this recipe. You can make it vegetarian or pack it full of meat.
- 1 medium size spaghetti squash, cooked
- 1 jar marinara sauce (approx 20-24 ounces)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1½ tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ounces pepperoni (optional)
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Shred spaghetti squash with fork and add to a large bowl along with marinara sauce, seasoning, garlic, and herbs.
- Add entire mixture to slow cooker.
- Top with cheese and more seasoning. Add pepperoni if using.
- Cook HIGH 1-2 hours or LOW 2-4.
Spaghetti squash releases liquid when it cooks so don’t be surprised if the finished product is a little wet. If you have a pizza seasoning you like, feel free to swap that out for the Italian seasoning. I used my 3.5-quart Crock-Pot Casserole Crock Slow Cooker but any 3-4 quart slow cooker will do.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive money if you make a purchase using this link. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/, https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/affiliates/