- 2–3 lb spaghetti squash, cut in half crosswise
- 1 lb shrimp
- 32 ounces, low-sodium broth (vegetable or chicken)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- Add broth, lemon juice, onion, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, and melted ghee to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, crosswise. Scoop out the seeds. Add the spaghetti squash the slow cooker, hole side down.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6, or until the spaghetti squash is soft.
- Carefully remove the spaghetti squash from the slow cooker, it will be hot. Add shrimp and cook an additional 10-20 minutes or until pink.
Using a fork, scrape the side of the spaghetti squash so you have long, spaghetti-like strands. Top with shrimp and scampi sauce.
To remove the spaghetti squash from the slow cooker, I suggest you use oven mitts or tongs.