Spaghetti squash and shrimp cook together in the slow cooker for this healthy & delicious low-carb alternative to shrimp scampi!
I know when most people think of slow cooking, shrimp and healthy usually aren’t the first 2 things that come to mind. I’m trying to change that. This is my healthy spin on shrimp scampi that only uses 5-6 ingredients. It’s made in the slow cooker of course. To cook this, you’ll need a large, 6+ quart slow cooker for this.
When cooking this recipe, the majority of the time the slow cooker is making the scampi sauce while cooking the spaghetti squash simultaneously. The shrimp is only added during the last 20 minutes. This is kind of similar to my Spaghetti Squash & Chicken recipe in the sense that the spaghetti squash cooks in the slow cooker in some sort of sauce or liquid (along with a protein). This recipe calls for you to use your favorite lemon-garlic seasoning. If you don’t have your own lemon-garlic use this:
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi (Paleo, Whole30)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2–3 lb spaghetti squash, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2–3/4 lb shrimp
- 32 ounces, low-sodium broth (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp lemon-garlic seasoning
- 1 tbsp ghee, melted
- Add broth, lemon garlic seasoning, onion, and ghee. Stir to mix well.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, crosswise. Scoop out the seeds and add to the slow cooker, hole side down
- Cook HIGH 2 hours or LOW 4. Or until the spaghetti squash is soft.
- Add shrimp and cook an additional 15-20 minutes.
- The squash will be very hot so please use an oven mitt when handling it.
Please, please, please remember to use oven mitts when you remove the squash from the slow cooker. It will be very hot. The inside should scoop out very easily with a fork.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive money if you make a purchase using this link. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/, https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/affiliates/