Spaghetti squash and chicken cook together along with your favorite marinara/pasta sauce in this easy slow cooker meal. This is a great low-carb alternative to pasta night.
I didn’t intend to keep this to 5-ingredients or less, it just came out that way. I guess I’ll keep adding to the series as long as I keep creating recipes that qualify. For this recipe you can absolutely use meatballs (fresh or frozen) in place of the chicken. You can even substitute vegetables if you want a meatless meal. I won’t be low-carb but you can add potatoes or sweet potatoes. The best thing about this recipe is that everything cooks together all at one. One-pot-meal. I had this with leftover salad. Next time though, I will definitely make it a more complete meal by adding in vegetables and/or a starch.
This recipe calls for your favorite Italian seasoning. If you don’t have a store-bought Italian seasoning on hand, make your own!
The spaghetti squash will be very hot so make sure you are wearing oven mitts when you go to pull it out the slow cooker.Print
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash & Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash (approximately 2 lbs)
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cubed
- 24 ounces marinara/pasta sauce
- 4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut spaghetti squash in half crosswise and scoop out the seeds.
- Pour pasta sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add spaghetti squash
- Add chicken and seasonings.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 5-6