Spaghetti squash cooks in the slow cooker with your preferred ground meat, diced tomatoes, and seasonings for this simple yet healthy recipe.
I promised myself I would post at least 8 recipes per month in Q4 of this year which means 2 recipes per week. Being the 7th of November already, I’m going to rush and get out 2 recipes today. The fact is, I’ve been hoarding recipes from you while I’ve been working on other things. If you follow me on social media, particularly Instagram, then this looks familiar. I cooked it a couple of weeks ago before I went to Cabo.
This is my go-to recipe when I don’t know what to make. It’s one of my husband’s favorite recipes when he’s in triathlon-training mode. It’s really easy, hearty with 2 pounds of ground meat yet healthy. Did I mention it’s both whole30 and paleo?
If this looks familiar, it’s pretty much my Spaghetti Squash with Meat, Tomatoes & Herbs recipe. Ever since I made it, I’ve been meaning to post a slow cooker version. I used ground grass-fed beef from my weekly Milk & Eggs delivery but you can use your preferred ground meat.Print
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash, Meat & Tomatoes
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 2 lb spaghetti squash, uncooked
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 lbs ground meat, browned
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- Handful fresh herbs (optional)
- Add meat, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, and Italian seasonings to the slow cooker.
- Stir to mix well.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, crosswise. Scoop out the seeds and add to the slow cooker, hole side down.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 or LOW 6-8.
- Remove spaghetti squash from the slow cooker. It will be very hot so use oven mitts. Let squash cool a bit then rake a fork back and forth across the squash to remove its flesh into spaghetti-like strands.
- Add spaghetti squash strands back into the slow cooker and mix until well combined with the meat & tomatoes.
You’ll know it’s done when the spaghetti squash is soft to the touch. The spaghetti squash will be very hot! Be careful and use oven mitts.
Need an Italian seasoning? Use this:
I was compensated with a free delivery from Milk & Eggs but all opinions are my own. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/.