Spaghetti squash and meat sauce cook together in this easy slow cooker meal. This is a healthy, low-carb, paleo alternative to spaghetti.
I make this all the time when I’m not feeling creative because it only uses a few key ingredients: spaghetti squash, marinara sauce, and Italian seasoning. Outside of the 3 main, you can add as many additional ingredients that you want; other options include chopped bell pepper, chopped onion, fresh herbs, etc.
Cut the spaghetti squash crosswise and a 2 lb squash will fit just fine. Don’t forget to scoop the seeds out before you put the spaghetti squash in the sauce. I used lean ground turkey but you can use your preferred ground meat whether it be turkey, beef, chicken, or pork. The meat goes in raw, no need to brown it first.
Please be careful when you go to remove the squash once it’s done cooking. It will very hot. I recommend using tongs or oven mitts.Print
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash & Meat Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 lb spaghetti squash
- 1 lb ground meat
- 24 ounces diced tomatoes or marinara sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning (see blog post)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add diced tomatoes/sauce, garlic, and seasonings to bottom of slow cooker.
- Crumble up ground meat and add to sauce.
- Stir to mix well.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half crosswise. Scoop out seeds and place each half-open side down in the sauce.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hrs or LOW 4-6.
- The spaghetti squash will be very hot. You’ll need to use tongs or an oven mitt to remove it.
For the Italian seasoning, here’s my go-to recipe:
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive money if you make a purchase using this link. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/, https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/affiliates/