- 4 small turkey legs (approximately 2 pounds total)
- 15 ounces coconut milk
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Add turkey legs to the slow cooker.
- In a medium size bowl mix together coconut milk, lime juice, garlic, salt, cumin, coriander, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour mixture over turkey legs.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
- Garnish with cilantro before serving.
- Mix together salt, cumin, coriander, pepper, and nutmeg. Sprinkle seasoning evenly over turkey legs.
- Pour coconut milk into the bottom of the pressure cooker. Add turkey legs on top.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 25 minutes (make sure internal temperature for the turkey is 165° Fahrenheit). Natural release 10 minutes then quick release remaining pressure.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro
Optional but recommended step for both slow cooker & pressure cooker: Use tongs (they turkey legs will be hot) and remove them from the appliance. Place the turkey legs on a baking sheet and BROIL them in the oven for approximately 3-5 minutes to crisp the skin.