Slow Cooker/Instant Pot Vegetarian Curry (Vegan)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (1 full cup for pressure cooker)
- 1/2 lb potatoes or sweet potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb. tomatoes, diced or sliced (I used sliced cherry tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp ghee (optional, omit for vegan)
- 2 tsp oil (for IP)
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT peas & tomatoes to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 1-2 hours or LOW 3-4 hours.
- Stir in peas and tomatoes and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Set Instant Pot to the high saute setting.
- Once hot add oil & onion and saute a few minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic, curry, ginger, cumin, turmeric, coriander, and red pepper flakes, and cook 1 minute stirring frequently.
- Add coconut milk and using a wooden spoon, scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot to remove any bits that stuck to it. Make sure you scrape it well to avoid burning during cooking.
- Stir in garbanzo beans, potatoes, and tomatoes. Close and seal vent. Select high pressure for 25 minutes. Quick release pressure.
- Stir in frozen peas and cook and additional 5-10 minutes on WARM.