Sablefish aka Black Cod is a mild flavored fish that’s great for grilling. Toss it in with gluten-free pasta and summer vegetables for a delicious one-pot meal.
This all started with 2 pieces of Sizzlefish‘s wild caught sablefish. They’re pretty, huh? FYI – If you did not know sablefish was the same thing as black cod you are not alone. I just recently found out myself. I kept the seasoning of the fish simple by only using salt & pepper. I then pan-grilled it in OMghee.
I purposely kept the fish simple because I knew this was going to be a pieced together meal. The other moving pieces to this are my Slow Cooker Summer Vegetables and gluten-free pasta. If you don’t have the 3 hours required to cook the summer vegetables in a crock-pot, don’t worry. You can just take the sauce from the slow cooker recipe and use it as a marinade. Below are the marinade ingredients. This is good for approximately 3 pounds of vegetables:
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
2 tbsp evoo
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Marinate 30 min to an hour. Discard marinade and saute vegetables in a large skillet (I used my Lodge Cast-Iron Skillet) over medium heat until soft. Add in the cooked pasta, toss, and top with the sablefish.
- 8 ounces Sizzlefish's Sablefish
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked
- 3 lbs your favorite vegetables, marinated & cooked (see blog post for marinade recipe)
- 2 tsp ghee
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Season fish with salt & pepper.
- Add ghee to medium size skillet. Once melted, add fish and cook 3-5 minutes each side. Remove fish from the pan.
- Add cooked pasta and cooked vegetables to skillet. Toss until evenly distributed.
- Add cooked sablefish on top & serve immediately.