The sky is the limit when it comes to picking out the vegetables for this recipe. As usual, I encourage you to use your favorite vegetables. Shop local for this recipe if you can. Farmer’s markets are the perfect place for getting these ingredients. I was lucky enough to get this box of from Melissa’s Produce:
BOX OF HEAVEN. That’s what I referred this box of colorful vegetables as. They’re beautiful, right? I love colorful food. In my slow cooker you’ll find: carrots, green beans, squash, pearl onions and baby potatoes. I wanted a recipe that was flavorful but didn’t overpower the vegetables. I pretty much took my go-to vegetable marinade and modified it by lowering the oil amount and adding a few extra ingredients to it. Taste the sauce before you pour it on. If you think it needs more salt, add more salt. If it needs more sour then add more lemon juice.
This is a great side dish or you can serve it as a main course tossed with pasta for example.
- 3 lb your favorite summer vegetables
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp evoo
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Add diced tomatoes to bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add summer vegetables on top of the diced tomatoes.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients.
- Pour sauce into the slow cooker making sure all the vegetables are covered.
- Cook HIGH 3 hours or LOW 6 or until vegetables are soft.
- Stir before serving.