Surf and turf or surf ‘n’ turf = a main course which combines seafood and red meat. It doesn’t get any simpler or healthier.
Sizzlefish sockeye salmon and steak. Every time I have a product from Sizzlefish I swear it tastes better and better. I thought their coho salmon was my favorite…until I had their sockeye salmon again and I was reminded how much I love their sockeye. I think I just favor their salmon in general! Hot days in Los Angeles mean I like to keep my meals nice and easy. Side note: that’s pretty much why I love crock-pot recipes so much – they’re easy for the most part. Anyway when the weather heats up I have no desire to slave over a hot stove. I used my grill-pan to cook both the salmon and steak and they were both done in less than 20 minutes.
Actually, this entire meal was done in less than 30 minutes. Heck the longest part of making this was steaming the green beans and cauliflower. For the steak, use your favorite steak seasoning and grill until it’s done to your liking. Don’t have a steak seasoning? Use this!
I’m not even going to start to tell you how to cook your steak. For the salmon seasoning I didn’t want anything too overpowering hence why I stuck with garlic & herbs. Again, cook the salmon to your desired doneness. Personally I like my salmon cooked well done.Print
- 8 ounces sockeye salmon from Sizzlefish
- 8 ounces flat iron steak
- 1/2 lb green beans
- 1/2 lb cauliflower
- 1 tbsp steak seasoning
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- Season steak with steak seasoning of your choice and grill to your desired liking.
- Season salmon with garlic, basil, 1 tsp ghee, 1/2 tsp salt and grill to your desired liking.
- Steam green beans and season with s&p to taste.
- Steam cauliflower. Once done steaming, add to food processor with remaining 1 tsp ghee, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Process until smooth.