This blog post is sponsored by National Pork Board
Double the pork! Air fryer bacon wrapped pork tenderloin is an easy & flavorful recipe that you can serve any day of the week. This low-carb, paleo, and whole30 compliant pork recipe cooks in under 30 minutes.
A New Year With Pork
Like a lot of people, I cannot believe we are 2 months into the new year. Health-wise, I’m still getting it together mentally & physically. Both are a continuous work in progress but one thing I have learned over the years is that you can’t out exercise a bad diet. Self-care is so important during these times, and for me, that means being mindful of what I put into my body. I like my recipes to be healthy yet simple. With so much going on right now, I don’t want to constantly be thinking about what I’m eating. This bacon wrapped pork tenderloin recipe is just that. Not only is this pork recipe low-carb, paleo, and whole30, it cooks in under 30 minutes, and it’s great for meal prep.
Pork Tenderloin, A Healthy Meat
Pork tenderloin (not to be confused with pork loin) is a lean and flavorful cut of pork. Butchered from the muscle that runs alongside the back of the pig, tenderloin is a long, boneless, thin cut that’s usually sold in one whole piece. Pork tenderloin not only lean but also one the most tender cuts of pork! It’s great for grilling, marinating, and of course wrapping in bacon.
The Bacon/Make This Whole30
I mean who doesn’t love bacon?? Of course you can use whatever brand of bacon you like for this recipe. However, if you want this air fryer bacon wrapped pork tenderloin to be whole30 compliant, you will need to use compliant bacon. Most brands add nitrates & sugar to their bacon. Neither of which are allowed while on whole30. When you are picking a whole30 bacon for this recipe, be sure to look at the labels and choose one that’s both sugar-free and nitrate-free. My go-t0 whole30 compliant bacon is Naked Bacon.
What Is An Air Fryer?
The name air fryer is a little bit confusing, because when you cook food in your air fryer you aren’t actually frying it. An air fryer cooks your food by circulating hot air around the food at a very high-speed, cooking the food and producing a crispy ‘fried’ layer. This is called convection so your air fryer is actually a small countertop convection oven. An air fryer can help you cook your food faster while still getting a nice baked or fried texture on the outside, all with a very small amount of oil. Air fryers come in a variety of different sizes and styles. I use a 5.8-quart air fryer and I still had to cut the pork tenderloin in half to get it to fit.
I understand everyone might not have an air fryer. While I do recommend you get one, you can also bake this bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin in the oven. Assemble the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin as you would for the air fryer. Place the tenderloin on the baking sheet and cook at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes. When ready to serve, slice the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin into 1-inch thick rounds.
Notes About This Pork Recipe
- I found that cooking this bacon wrapped pork tenderloin at temperature higher than 350 degrees in the air fryer burned the bacon & undercooked the pork tenderloin. Depending on how crispy you like your bacon, you may want to cook it longer than
- You may need to cut your pork tenderloin into pieces to get it to fit like I did here. If so, I recommend cutting the tenderloin before wrapping it in bacon.
- Add more bacon if you want! My one-pound pork tenderloin used 5 slices of bacon. Depending on the brand of bacon you use, your bacon strips might be larger or smaller.
- The USDA recommends cooking pork tenderloin to an internal temperature of 145° F. Every air fryer is different; you might need to cook your pork tenderloin a few minutes more or less to get to the correct internal temperature.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, fat trimmed
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and pepper. Season pork evenly on all sides with the seasoning mixture.
- Wrap slices of bacon around the pork tenderloin and add to the air fryer basket.
- Spray the top of the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let rest 5 minutes. When ready to serve, slice the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin into 1-inch thick rounds.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/affiliates.