Bacon wrapped meatloaf made in the slow cooker produces moist meatloaf that’s perfect for an athlete’s meal prep or Sunday dinner.
I mean who doesn’t love meatloaf? It’s perfect for family dinner, totally acceptable to order at a restaurant, and it’s a great meal prep menu item.
You knew you could make meatloaf in the slow cooker, right? You can make almost anything in the slow cooker. I didn’t get too creative with this recipe. For the meatloaf, I used my Slow Cooker Paleo Meatloaf & Potatoes recipe minus the potatoes and swapped out the spinach for kale. Because I had kale and not spinach.
I’m using 5280Meat’s grass-fed beef AND their free-range black pepper bacon for the meatloaf. I love, love, love their products but you what else I love? Every order is shipped with a handwritten note from the owners. I repeat – a handwritten note. Do kids these days even know what that is?
I digress. Back to the meat. When my latest shipment of grass-fed beef arrived a couple of months ago I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it – wrap it in bacon. So I got online and bought their variety bacon bundle. Voila, a new recipe was born.
I guess I should title this, bacon-wrapped meatloaf…with eggs. Yes, I put hard-boiled eggs in my meatloaf. I call it ‘meal prep meatloaf‘. I started making my meatloaf this way for my husband to eat during his triathlon training season. During training season his diet is a combination of whole 30, paleo, keto, low carb, lchf, etc. This meatloaf is perfect for all of those lifestyles. And according to my guinea pig (the husband), it’s delicious. You don’t have to add the hard-boiled eggs to this but I highly recommend you do.
As you can see from the very first pic on this post, the bottom of my slow cooker got a little ‘messy’. I almost didn’t post the pic but I decided to anyway. I’m a home cook like most of you reading this, not a professional chef. Stuff like this happens all the time, right? It still tastes great! If you don’t want this to happen to you, line the bottom of your slow cooker with aluminum foil. Yes aluminum foil is safe to use in the slow cooker. I say messy and not burnt because while it looks like it burned on the bottom, it did not.
- Weave the bacon strips together.
- In a large bowl, mix together meatloaf ingredients.
- IF using the hard-boiled egg: Shape 80% the meat mixture into a loaf, leaving approximately 20% to the side. Place 2 hard-boiled eggs in the center of the meatloaf. Using your hands, form the meatloaf around the eggs, using the 20% to fill in the top & seal the sides down.
- Place meatloaf on top of the weaved bacon strips.
- Wrap the bacon around the meatloaf, tucking the slices into the meat.
- Place the bacon wrapped meatloaf in the slow cooker, tucked side down.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive money if you make a purchase using one of the links. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy