These corn flake coated chicken tenders are oven baked but still crispy! Perfect for snacking or family dinner, they’re kid-friendly and guilt free.
Corn flakes. Who didn’t eat them growing up?? Erewhon Corn Flakes cereal is US grown, organic non-GMO and gluten-free. They’re a great healthy, gluten-free breakfast cereal option…but I have other plans for my corn flakes. Combined with flour and seasoning corn flakes are a great crunchy breading for chicken or fish.Crumble your flakes your preferred method. I add mine to a bag a plastic bag but you can also put them in a food processor. For the seasoning I’m purposely keeping the instructions generic by just saying use your favorite seasoning. I used Caribeque‘s calypso kick. Mix the seasoning in with the crumbled corn flakes and almond flour.The key to crispy tenders? Melt the ghee in the pan in the oven prior to adding the chicken tenders. Yup that’s it. As the oven is heating, add your ghee to the baking sheet and put it in the oven. By the time the oven is done preheating, the ghee should be not only be melted but nice & hot.Since today is Fat Tuesday, I baked used a combo of Mardi Gras colored vegetables to serve my chicken tenders with. While the tenders and veggies are pictured together here in this pic, the vegetables were actually baked separately.Print
Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add ghee to baking pan and place in the oven.
- Add corn flakes, seasoning, and almond flour to a medium size bowl.
- In another medium size bowl whisk together the egg and almond milk.
- Lightly dredge each chicken tender in the egg mixture and then the corn flake mixture, coating completely.
- Once each strip is coated, remove baking pan from the oven.
- Lay each strip flat in the melted ghee.
- Bake 15-20 minutes. Flip each strip over and bake an additional 10 minutes. Baking time may vary.
This post is sponsored by Erewhon Organic however the recipe and opinions are 100% my own. This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive money if you make a purchase using one of the links. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/affiliates.