Nothing better than a homemade apple cider for fall and winter weather. This easy and healthy slow cooker version uses all natural-ingredients.
This is the 3rd apple cider recipe I’ve posted to this blog. I LOVE cider…homemade cider. I rarely buy the store-bought stuff. After you make this, I think you’ll understand why. It’s super simple and a heck of a lot healthier.
Some people add some citrus to their cider. Slice up an orange and toss it in if you like. I recently got some apple pie spice from Primal Palate so I added an 1/2 tsp of that as well. It adds a certain je ne sais quoi.
This is a great recipe to serve at your next potluck or dinner party. After you strain the fruit out and add the cider back into the slow cooker, keep it on the WARM setting while you serve it.Print
Slow Cooker Apple Cider (Paleo)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- 3 lbs apples, cored & sliced
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 3–4 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp Primal Palate apple pie spice (optional)
- Add apples, honey, cinnamon sticks, and nutmeg the slow cooker.
- Add enough water to cover the apples.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6 or until apples are soft.
- Directly in the slow cooker, mash the softened apples with a potato masher or wooden spoon.
- Strain mashed fruit out using mesh strainer. Pour cider back into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook an additional 15 minutes.
Get ready to have your kitchen smelling amazing. Correction – house. Your house might fill up with the aroma from the cider.
Of course you can add some alcohol to this for a nice spiked cider. I prefer to add rum but you can go with another spirit.
This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on one of the product links, I might receive compensation. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/.