Seasoned shrimp bites made by roasting baby eggplants then stuffing them with slow cooker baba ganoush. The perfect unique yet healthy appetizer.
This recipe uses my Slow Cooker Baba Ganoush from the previous post. I made it again (it’s that good) but this time the sole purpose was for stuffing. My local Sprouts has baby eggplants on sale 2 lbs for $1! Having never cooked baby eggplants before I could not resist getting some.
Even if you don’t pre-make the baba ganoush, it’s a quick slow cooker recipe with a cook time of only an hour or so. Depending on the size of your eggplant of course.
This ended up being the perfect whole30/paleo appetizer for my football party. Even the macho guys enjoyed it!Print
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice baby eggplants in half.
- Rub inside flesh of each eggplant with evoo and season with salt & pepper.
- Roast eggplants, skin side down/flesh side up, 20-25 minutes or until skin is soft.
- Remove from oven & let cool. Once cooled, scoop out inside flesh of each eggplant.
- Stuff eggplant with prepared baba ganoush.
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, ginger and cumin.
- Add ghee to skillet melt over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and cook until no longer pink, 2-3 minutes each side.
- Add shrimp on top of baba ganoush. Top with fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately.
I’m filing this one away for my next dinner party. It’s too good not to show off.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive money if you make a purchase using one of the links. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/