This post is sponsored by FARMER JOHN®
Pork chops in a creamy, homemade, herb sauce cooked in the slow cooker! This recipe is proof that comfort food doesn’t have to be unhealthy.
The creaminess in this recipe would usually come from canned cream-of-something-soup but I wanting to keep this healthy, I’m asking you to ditch the canned soup and make your own. It might take a little bit longer but it’s easy and worth it. My homemade soup recipe is done in less than 10 minutes.
I used a Farmer John pork loin that was cut into 4 large pork chops. You can also keep the pork loin whole if you want and slice it later. Total weight was a little over 2 lbs but you can use up to 3 lbs of meat with this recipe. Anything more than that you’ll need to start doubling up the measurements.
If you have fresh herbs feel free to swap them in for the dried herbs.Print
- 2 lbs FARMER JOHN® pork loin, cut into 4 large pork chops
Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp ghee, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together broth,ghee, almond milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Heat a few minutes.
- Whisk in arrowroot flour and stir until smooth. Heat a few minutes until thickened. Stir in parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Spray slow cooker generously with cooking spray.
- Add pork chops to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour sauce on top.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8.
If you’d like your sauce thicker, then add a slurry to thicken it up. Slurries are great ways to thicken up your slow cooker recipes. Most people use cornstarch however because this is a paleo/whole30 recipe you’ll need to use arrowroot flour. The ratio is 1 part arrowroot, 2 parts water. I suggest you start with 2 tsp arrowroot flour, 1/4 cup water and if that’s not thick enough, add more. Mix together and pour into the slow cooker. Let cook for an additional 10 minutes or until it’s thickened to your liking.
I served this over mashed cauliflower to keep it paleo & whole30.
This is a great dish to feed large crowds. Double or even triple it (depending on the size of your slow cooker of course) and serve it at your next holiday dinner.
Speaking of holiday dinners, if you’re looking for a showstopper for your one, try adding…bacon. Take ordinary brownies for example and add bacon to them. That’s right add the bacon right directly into your brownie mix!
I added Farmer John thick cut uncured bacon to my paleo brownies and they came out so good they’re now a required ingredient!
Of course you have to sprinkle some on top too. Definitely better with bacon, right?? And these bad boys have crumbled thick-cut bacon cooked inside them as well? Win-win.Print
- 1 lb FARMER JOHN® All-Natural Bacon, cooked & crumbled.
- 1 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup organic honey or maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp ghee, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond butter, ghee, vanilla, honey, and egg.
- Stir in half of the cooked bacon, almond flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- Spray slow cooker generously with cooking spray. Pour the batter into slow cooker.
- Cook HIGH 2-4 or LOW 4-6 or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Top with remaining cooked bacon.
This post is sponsored post by FARMER JOHN® but all recipes and opinions are my own. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/.