Pizza soup! Grab your favorite pizza ingredients for this easy paleo recipe that the entire family will enjoy. This can be made whole30 too.
Yesterday was national pepperoni pizza day so I made my the pizza soup recipe from my 1st cookbook, The Easy & Healthy Slow Cooker cookbook. Having not made it for a while, I forgot how much I enjoyed it. So much I felt the need to share it here.
What I love about this recipe in particular is that it’s very versatile. Don’t like pepperoni? Use more ground beef. Don’t like mushrooms? Omit them. Or make this vegetarian and use all vegetables.
I’m marking this pizza soup as whole30 but I have yet to find a whole30 compliant pepperoni. If you know of one, please let me know. If you’re whole30 but can’t find compliant pepperoni like me, then substitute sausage, more ground beef, or more vegetables.
You can make this in your slow cooker or Instant Pot (electric pressure cooker). I used my slow cooker because I find it to be easier. Add everything, stir, cook. Instructions for both are listed below.Print
Slow Cooker/Instant Pot Pizza Soup (Paleo,Whole30)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: serves 4
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces black olives, sliced
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 32 ounces low-sodium beef broth or bone broth
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 ounces pepperoni
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oil (for IP)
Optional step the brown ground beef & drain the grease before adding to the slow cooker.
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours, LOW 6-8.
- Set Instant Pot to the high saute setting.
- Heat oil; add beef and cook until beef browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- Add onion to the Instant Pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Select manual setting. Adjust pressure to high, and set time for 20 minutes, quick-release pressure
Would you make this in your slow cooker or Instant Pot?
This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on one of the product links, I might receive compensation. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/.