This beef kebab soup has all the flavor of beef kebabs but in soup form! Make this low-carb, paleo, whole30 beef soup in your slow cooker or Instant Pot.
Beef Kebab Flavors
There’s nothing I love more than a good beef kebab recipe. Kebabs are cuts of meat skewered with vegetables and cooked over a fire, usually a grill. I was craving beef kebabs but I also wanted soup so here we are with this beef kebab soup. This recipe is inspired by my Sheet Pan Deconstructed Beef Kebabs recipe. When I say ‘inspired by’ I mean I took the recipe, made a few minor tweaks & added broth to it.
What Kind Of Meat To Use
I usually use beef stew meat but of course that’s not the only option. If you’re not going to use beef stew meat, you can slice up another cut of beef. Suggestions include beef sirloin, beef roast (chuck, rump, round, etc.) or even brisket. The good thing about using the slow cooker or Instant Pot is that even a tough cut of meat like a brisket will be tender when it’s done cooking.
Adding In Other Veggies
What vegetables do you like to use when you make beef kebabs? What you see here is what I like to use: bell peppers, red onion, mushrooms, and zucchini. Feel free to add in or leave out your favorite vegetables. If you don’t like mushrooms, omit them! Definitely get creative with your veggies in this recipe.
Other beef soup recipes you might enjoy:
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced (I used one red, one green)
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium-size zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8
- Turn on the Instant Pot and select sauté. Once hot add the oil to the pressure cooker and the beef. Cook until beef is browned, approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove beef and set aside.
- Add bell peppers, onion, and mushrooms, and cook for a 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add the broth & if needed, use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pressure cooker to remove any bits that stuck to it. Make sure you scrape it well to avoid burning during cooking.
- Stir beef back into the pressure cooker along with all the remaining ingredients.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 25 minutes. When cook time is done, quick release the pressure.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive money if you make a purchase using one of the links. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/affiliates.