This healthy, low-carb, paleo, and whole 30 compliant slow cooker version of cabbage rolls is easy to make and perfect to serve any night of the week.
Yes, you read that correctly, this recipe is low-carb, paleo AND whole 30. In other words, this slow cooker recipe is HEALTHY. Of course:-) And super easy. Cabbage rolls look hard but they’re not. The prep isn’t too intensive and I didn’t even pre-boil my cabbage.
I riced my cauliflower in a food processor. Just add a chopped head cauliflower to the processor and pulse until it’s the consistency of rice. You can use whatever your preferred method is. I did not cook the cauliflower first, it goes in raw. For the ground meat, use the protein of your choice; I used lean ground beef. If you don’t eat red meat, this is a good recipe to use lean or extra lean ground turkey in because it won’t dry out as easy in the slow cooker than it would in the oven.
Wait, I didn’t boil my cabbage? Nope. I heated the leaves up in the microwave for 30 seconds and they’re soft and ready to roll.
You can use your preferred ground meat. Mine is currently grass-fed beef so that’s what I used. If you don’t eat red meat, this is a good recipe to use lean or extra lean ground turkey in because it won’t dry out as easy in the slow cooker than it would in the oven. The meat is raw, no need to brown it first. Don’t have time to roll your cabbage? Try my Slow Cooker Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls – same flavor, no fuss!
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 head cabbage
- 1½ - 2 cups (1 small head) cauliflower rice
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl, mix together ground meat, cauliflower rice, onion, seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Take your prepared cabbage leaf (see blog post)
- Fill each leaf with approximately ¼ cup of the meat/cauliflower mixture.
- Roll up each leaf like a burrito.
- Spoon a thin layer of the diced tomatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the cabbage rolls, seam-side down.
- Poured the rest of the diced tomatoes on top.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6
You can also freeze these for later use! This made 12 cabbage rolls for me.
Looking for an Italian seasoning? Use this:
Looking for a similar low-carb recipe? Check out my Slow Cooker Low-Carb Stuffed Peppers (Paleo/Whole30)!
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on one of the product links, I’ll might receive compensation. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/.