Using cauliflower rice, these slow cooker stuffed peppers are not only low-carb but also paleo and whole30. This recipe is not only healthy but easy too.
Low-carb, paleo, AND whole30. The trifecta. Use your preferred ground meat whether it be beef, pork, chicken, or turkey. I used lean ground beef. The meat goes in raw, no need to brown it first.
However you want to “rice” your cauliflower is up to you. My preferred method is to chop my head into pieces and pulse it in the food processor until it resembles rice.
2 cups of riced cauliflower was 1 small head of cauliflower for me. If you like your peppers a little more meaty then use less rice or vice versa. You can cook them with the top of the peppers on or off.
The serving size for this recipe will vary depending on the size of the bell peppers you use. Using my 6-quart slow cooker, I was able to fit 4 extra-large peppers filled to their rims with stuffing. Using normal-size peppers, a 6-quart should fit between 5-6 peppers.Print
Slow Cooker Low-Carb Stuffed Peppers (Paleo/Whole30)
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 4-6
- 4-6 bell peppers (depending on their size)
- 1 lb ground meat
- 2 cups cauliflower, riced
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (see blog post)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker (you’ll need a 6-quart) with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together stuffing ingredients.
- Slice the top off of each bell pepper. Spoon the filling equally into each bell pepper until they’re all full.
- Add bell peppers into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4, LOW 6-8 hours or until the meat is cooked through.
The best part comes after the peppers are done cooking. Now it’s time to jazz up your peppers with toppings.
Tomatoes and fresh herbs good additions. I also added some diced avocado.
Need an Italian seasoning? Use this: