A homemade Asian-inspired sauce cooks with beef and coleslaw in this low-carb, paleo, and whole30 recipe. Make this easy & healthy meal in your Instant Pot or slow cooker.
Crack slaw. I love it so much that here I am with another crack slaw recipe days later. I made the other crack slaw basic on purpose but as soon as I tasted it, I thought, ‘this is like an un-stuffed egg roll’. I had to make another with more Asian-inspired ingredients so here we are.
Add in your favorite vegetable ingredients to the crack slaw like carrots, bean sprouts, broccoli, etc. You can even swap out the beef for another protein like pork or chicken. Ground meat can even be used.
I grabbed two bags of coleslaw from the store. One was 14 ounces and the other 16. I made this twice using both and honestly, there isn’t that much of a difference. So I’ll just say, go with whatever you can find. One thing to take into consideration is how much the coleslaw will reduce. Kind of like spinach but not as bad. I like to use 16 ounces.
The cook time in the pressure cooker for this recipe is 0 (zero) minutes. No, that’s not a typo you read that correctly. You can set your time to 0. It will still take a few minutes to pressurize but otherwise, this cooks quickly in the Instant Pot.
Asian Beef ‘Crack Slaw’ VIDEO:
Slow Cooker/Instant Pot Asian Beef ‘Crack Slaw’ (Low-Carb,Paleo,Whole30)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 lb beef sirloin, sliced into thin strips or cut into 1-inch pieces
- 14–16 ounces coleslaw
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil (for IP)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp hot sauce or sriracha (optional)
Optional step – brown meat in a skillet over medium heat and drain grease before adding to the slow cooker.
- Add beef, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, green onion, ginger, salt, pepper, and hot sauce (if using) to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well. Add coleslaw on top.
- Cook HIGH 2 hours or LOW 4. Stir & serve.
- Turn on the IP and select Sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot. Add the beef, green onions, and garlic and cook until browned, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the coconut aminos, rice vinegar, ginger, salt, pepper, and hot sauce/sriracha (if using). Stir to mix well. Add coleslaw on top.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set manual (high) pressure to 0. Yes, 0 as in zero cook time. Quick release the pressure. Stir & serve.
While this yields 4 servings, this only serves 2 people. At least in my household, we gobbled this up quickly.
I used a 6-quart slow cooker /or Instant Pot and there was plenty of room for more food. You can easily double this recipe to feed a larger crowd. In fact, I recommend doubling the recipe because this went very quickly in my household!
This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on one of the product links, I might receive compensation. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/.